Quartz as a worktop material has been gaining popularity since the 1990s. It is now seen as a superior alternative to granite, and for good reason. ThinQ comprises over 93% natural Quartz fortified with 7% polymer resin making it a completely non-porous surface which is why this surface is certified for use in hospitals, care homes and schools.
Made from one of the hardest minerals on the planet it is incredibly durable - measuring 7 on the Mohs Hardness scale. In terms of natural minerals only diamonds, sapphires and emeralds surpass Quartz on the scale. Also, due to the manufacturing process, there are no weak points such as fissures to allow bacteria to develop that you commonly find in other stone worktops.
The joins in our worktops are extremely discreet, much more so than slab granite. This gives a more refined flow to the finished look of your new worktops.
Some more of the many benefits of Quartz over other materials include:
- Its strength and integrity makes its far less likely to chip or crack than other stone surfaces
- It is highly scratch and stain resistant
- It will not harbour bacteria
- It doesn’t require annual sealing or any other routine maintenance
- Quartz is also highly heat resistant although we don’t recommend that you put hot pans straight from the hob onto the surface, that’s why we'll provide a complimentary Quartz chopping board free.
Our surfaces carry several industry recognised certifications as shown below so you can rest assured that what you're getting is a scientifically proven product.
For any further information please contact us:
Don’t waste money on an expensive kitchen re-fit, let Stonecover kitchens […]
Check out Stonecover Kitchens handy guide to choosing the right worktop for your home […]
Start Your Enquiry
If you need any further information please start your enquiry below or call us on 01332 752235: